Re: binary type with pattern facet

From: Ashok Malhotra <petsa@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:52:47 -0500
To: "Morris Matsa" <mmatsa@us.ibm.com>
Cc: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

I need to check on this.  We will get back to you.
Thank you for your close reading of the spec.

All the best, Ashok

Morris Matsa/Somers/IBM@IBMUS@w3.org on 11/30/2000 05:27:56 PM

Sent by:  www-xml-schema-comments-request@w3.org

To:   www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
cc:
Subject:  binary type with pattern facet

In the normative section 2 of the spec (
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-xmlschema-2-20001024/#binary) pattern is
listed as one of the constraining facets for binary.

In section 0 of the spec, table B1.a (
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#SimpleTypeFacets) indicates that binary
does not have the constraining facet pattern.

I'm assuming that the normative version is intended and the table should be
changed.  However, there is a note at the bottom of the primer saying that
this entry was changed for the September 10 version.
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#docHistory)

Morris