two issues: union , internal subset

From: Morten M. Christensen <mmc@mortench.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:02:40 +0100
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
I would like to register my support for the current XML Schema Candidate
Recommendation. However I have a few issues:

1) Is use of internal (DTD) subset with ENTITYs etc. allowed for XML
Schemas AND for XML document instances conforming to a schema document
?  The primer mentions internal subsets (and ENTITYs) but does not state
100% clearly if they are legal to use together with  XML
Schemas/instances.

2) Example: I would like to state that an attribute must contain a
string (enumeration) + (!!) a list of IDREFS (i.e. attr="disjoint id23
id24 id27", where "disjoint" acts as a user-specific qualifier for the
set of IDs). Unfortunately, this does not appear to be possible with the
new union construction!?! I think the union construction is a MUST but
it is a bit limited right now - being able to state both
union/intersection (optionally ordered) or any combination (min,max) of
elements would be much better.

Sincerely,
Morten Christensen (mmc@mortench.net)
AArhus, Denmark