RE: Ability to BLOCK redefinition ( .. priority feedback)

I agree completely with Asir's treatment of this issue.  It is not clear to
me that "redefine" is not a likely winner of the first deprecated feature
award, and therefore it is very wise to be able to turn it off.  In fact,
there should be a schema-level default (I hate schema level defaults) so
that the default value is to disallow this.

Matthew