DTD error in XSV?

From: Liz Castro <lcastro@cookwood.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:03:31 -0500
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Aargh. I don't know why those stupid attachments happen. Sorry! Here's one
last try:

I just started using the new version of XSV, and I get a strange error I
never used to get with the old version:

Couldn't open file /usr/local/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/cgi-bin/XMLSchema.dtd: No
such file or directory
/usr/local/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/cgi-bin/XMLSchema.dtd: No such file or directory
Error: Couldn't open dtd entity
file:///usr/local/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/cgi-bin/XMLSchema.dtd
 in entity "<string>" defined in <unknown>
Warning: Root element name xsd:schema not declared
 (detected at end of prolog of document
http://www.cookwood.com/ns/end_species/end_species.xsd)
Warning: Start tag for undeclared element xsd:schema
 in unnamed entity at line 2 char 12 of
http://www.cookwood.com/ns/end_species/end_species.xsd

Why does XSV care if I use a DTD or not? And why is it looking for this
XMLSchema.dtd file?

I don't want to deal with DTDs here, I just want to know if my instance is
schema valid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Liz

Liz Castro
Cookwood Press
mailto:lcastro@cookwood.com
http://www.cookwood.com/

Author of these Visual QuickStart Guides
published by Peachpit Press:
New!-- XML for the World Wide Web
HTML 4 for the World Wide Web --#1 bestseller!--
Perl and CGI for the World Wide Web --bestseller--