RE: Schema for schemas and XML schema DTD

I won't comment on the general issue of whether or not the schema for
schemas should reference a DTD which changes the infoset, but...

doing so does not require schema processors to be built using a validating
processor...it simply requires a non-validating processor which reads the
external subset...quite a different thing.

pvb