RE: Schema for schemas and XML schema DTD

From: Biron,Paul V <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:29:35 -0800
To: "'www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org'" <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "'Michel, Adrian'" <adrian.michel@commerceone.com>

I won't comment on the general issue of whether or not the schema for
schemas should reference a DTD which changes the infoset, but...

doing so does not require schema processors to be built using a validating
processor...it simply requires a non-validating processor which reads the
external subset...quite a different thing.

pvb