3.2.9 UriReference

From: Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. <rleif@rleif.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:45:51 -0800
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
From: Robert C. Leif
To: Editors XML Schema Part 2: Data types.
Section 3.2.9 UriReference and, as far as I can tell, RFC 2396 and RFC 2732
omit any definition or description on how to access a XML file on the local
computer. If I run a browser (Internet Explorer) under an operating system
(Windows) how does one describe local files? What is the reference to the C
hard drive?

Software development would be facilitated and improved by being able to
employ the same tools including source code to create a client-server and a
local application.

Thank you.