Re: XML Schemas: the wrong name

From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:25:58 +0800
To: xml-dev@xml.org
CC: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> I do not know what the W3C's XML schema language should be called.

In my article on xml.com on the pre-CD changes, I scrupulously call it
"W3C XML Schemas".   I recommend all authors do the same, in the absense
of something better.

Apart from anything else, it is common practise to use "XML Schemas" to
mean
"W3C XML Schemas in specific and any similar grammar-based schema
language that uses instance syntax in general".

Rick Jelliffe

P.S. Is this another example of the S-curse?  Another S word that is
unclear. What is it about that letter?