Re: Adding attributes to lists

Jane Hunter <jane@dstc.edu.au> writes:

> For MPEG-7 implementations, we'd like to be able to specify the
> dimensions of a variable-sized array through an attribute added to a
> list. For example:
>
> <simpleType name="listofInteger">
>    <list itemType="integer"/>
> </simpleType>
>
> <complexType name="nDimIntegerArray">
>   <simpleContent>
>     <extension base="listOfInteger">
>         <attribute ref="mpeg7:dim"/>
>     </extension>
>   </simpleContent>
> </complexType>
>
> <element name="integerMatrix" type="nDimIntegerArray"/>
>
> <integerMatrix mpeg7:dim="2 4">1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8</integerMatrix>

This would amount to run-time type creation, and is not supported in
v.1.  This is an area we will definitely look at for the next version.

In the mean time, you can view this as an application-specific
constraint, and use the <appinfo> element to record the dependency and
provoke application-level checking.

ht