Re: LC-215 - Easy Add-ins (i18n Comment on XML Schema Last Call Working Draft)

Hello Martin,

Many thanks for these examples. I have had a look at them.
As far as I understand, they show very well what they want
to show:

- It is possible to introduce additional elements using the
   substitution group construct.
- It is possible to introduce such elements into the same namespace
   ([3]/[4]) or from a new namespace ([5]/[6]).

I think that it should also be possible to create a new namespace
with everything (both the predefined elements and the new elements)
in it.

What I think these examples don't cover is the case that both the
original namespace and the additions I want to make already exist.
What are the possibilities and limitations in this case?

What I'm really quite worried about is the use of type='string' for all
these. This is a different issue (LC-216 merge mixed, textOnly, and string?)
so I won't go into details here, but it shows exactly why we have
raised this issue; if it were not that easy to just use type='string',
the chance that a schema writer would seal off <b>, <i>,... forever
without any real intention or reason would be much smaller.

Regards,   Martin.