Re: LC-16 ( LC-132 ): Allow arbitrary order with occurrence > 1

From: Ivan Kurmanov <ivan@tm.minsk.by>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 22:26:57 +0300
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Dear Sirs,

I'm sorry for sending another message on the same topic, my previous
message was incomplete (should have been edited more before sending).

[...]

Michael Sperberg-McQueen writes in response to Martin Duerst:

>>It is obvious that such things can be avoided for new designs, but
>>it is questionable that this is always desirable, because it is
>>a burden for an user to learn an arbitrary element sequence.
>
> I agree that it is unpleasant for users to have to learn arbitrary
> sequences of elements.  But this is necessary only when using tools
> which have no support for syntax-directed editing.  Any SGML or
> XML editor with schema awareness will remove the necessity for the
> user to learn an arbitrary sequence of elements.

Do you know of any existing usable *free* XML editor with schema
awareness ? Because I do not know of a single example.

I invite everybody who is interested in allowing maxOccurs > 1 in all
group of XML Schema (LC-16) to send me descriptions of their cases of
such design being useful. If there will be anything interesting, I'll
collect this information and will publish it here.

Ivan Kurmanov <ivan@tm.minsk.by>.