Re: importing elements from multiple namespaces and defining their sc hemaLocations in a corresponding XML data file

chuck.han@autodesk.com writes:

> Let's say I have a complexType "twoExamplesType" made up of two elements named
> "example" from different namespaces and a global element "twoExamples" that uses this
> complexType:
>

>     <xsd:element name="twoExamples" type="twoExamplesType"/>
>
>     <xsd:complexType name="twoExamplesType">
>
>         <xsd:element ref="ns1:example"/>
>
>         <xsd:element ref="ns2:example"/>
>
>     </xsd:complexType>
>

> How do I use "twoExamples" in an XML data file and give the schemaLocation of
> "twoExamples" and the two "example" elements?  I assume that this structure is
> partially correct...
>

>     <twoExamples xmlns="http://www.example.com" xmlns:ns1="http://www.example.com/ns1"
> xmlns:ns2="http://www.example.com/ns2">
>
>         <ns1:example/>
>
>         <ns2:example/>
>
>     </twoExamples>
>

> ...but I am not clear how to define the schemaLocation for all three
> namespaces.

That's all fine (note you do need
  xmlns:ns1="http://www.example.com/ns1"
  xmlns:ns2="http://www.example.com/ns2"
and
  <import namespace="http://www.example.com/ns1"/>
  <import namespace="http://www.example.com/ns2"/>
in your schema)

Wrt your instance, assuming twoExamples is the doc't element, you need

<twoExamples
         xmlns="http://www.example.com"
         xmlns:ns1="http://www.example.com/ns1"
         xmlns:ns2="http://www.example.com/ns2"
         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.example.com [URL1]
                             http://www.example.com/ns1 [URL2]
                             http://www.example.com/ns2 [URL3]">

        <ns1:example/>

        <ns2:example/>

</twoExamples>

where obviously I don't know what to put for URL{1,2,3}.

Hope this helps

N.B.  www.foo.com actually exists, but IANA reserves www.example.com,
so it's a better choice for examples such as this.