Schema, Namespace, DTD

From: Tom Cartner <cartner@strategicanalytics.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 00:07:32 -0600
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>

The confusion that the schema, namespaces and dtds are causing are
symptomatic of a bad design.  Although language neutral, the namespace is
basically a java package.  Yet the syntax, documentation and examples are
horrible.  I have found no clear, useful explanation of how to use these
things.  By standardizing on them we are stuck with them for years.  XML did
have promise, seems to have fallen short.

Tom Cartner