Re: namespaces and schemaLocation

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:37:43 +0100
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>

<SNIP>
> In an earlier message in this thread, you said "it is the value of the
targetNamespace attribute
> that determines which namespace top level schema components are in (named
types, global element
> decls, global attribute decls, etc.)"
>
> When you say "top level", you mean that literally, right, as in ONLY the
child elements of the
> schema element?

[MJG]
Yes, when I said 'top-level' I meant constructs that are immediate children
of the schema element.

> Does that "etc." represent anything? That is, is there anything else on
which the targetNamespace
> has an effect?

[MJG]
Well, model group definitions, attribute group definitions and keys spring
to mind.

As a general rule, I think anything in the spec which can appear at the
top-level *and* be refered to from somewhere else will be in the tns. There
may be some exceptions to this, I'd have to check to be absolutely sure.

Martin Gudgin