namespaces and schemaLocation

From: Liz Castro <lcastro@cookwood.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 15:42:24 -0400
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Well, I thought I had it, though I had gotten it to validate right, and
then all of a sudden it stopped working. XML Spy still says everything
is peachy, so maybe it's just a bug in XSV?

When my more complicated example started not to work, I pared it down
into nothingness, to make sure I wasn't getting tripped up by some dumb
typo:

http://www.cookwood.com/xmltests/simple.xml
http://www.cookwood.com/xmltests/simple.xsd

What I'm trying to do is declare the namespaces in the xsd doc and then
use xsi:schemaLocation in the xml doc. When I got to XSV, I only give
the XML document location. And although it seems that XSV finds the
schema just fine,  I get weird errors about my elements not being
declared, even though they are.

Is it XSV or me?

Many thanks,
Liz

Liz Castro
Cookwood Press
Author of
HTML 4 for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickStart Guide --#1
bestseller!--