Schemata rather than schemas

From: Larry West <lwest@skydesk.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:44:33 -0700
To: "'www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org'" <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
I know it's late and this is about as minor an issue as there is, but also
trivial to fix: why not use the proper plural form of "schema", which is
"schemata", since it's (originally) a Greek word?

Yes, the more forgiving dictionaries will list "schemas" as an alternative
plural, but shouldn't a standards organization use the more correct one?

Tilting at windmills,

// Larry West
// mailto:lwest@skydesk.com
// +1(858)720-4650

PS: I searched through the subject lines of the archived msgs, didn't find a
match for this.