["Cheah, Sow Peng" <sow.peng.cheah@intel.com>] RE: XML schema - white space within tag name issue

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 12 Jul 2000 09:02:23 +0100
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

attached mail follows:

Hi all,

I came accross your document at following URL. I'm using Oralce XML Java
validator to validate the XML document based on XML schema.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/
 http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/

I encountered an issue with the white space appear within the value. How do
i make the XML schema recognize the whitespace so that the length of the
white space is calculated too? The white space become an issue when the file
pass the validator but it failed the loading because the white space and
value more than the defined field's lenght.

<TAG> value                       </TAG>

maxlength = 10

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks.
*Regards...Sow Peng :o)
ARIES Datapath, Test/QA, Deployment Team
Pole: CH3-2-F7, CAS (Chandler, AZ)
Penang IT FIS DSS Group
* (480)554-1116