Use of namespaces in an XML Schema

From: <achille@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:02:40 -0500
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Hi !

In the latest spec, all the examples which show how to create a schema by
assembling components from multiple sources use global  namespace
declarations (namespace declarations that appear at the level of the
<schema> element  information item) . Since the namespace spec allows to
declare namespace in each element information item, I wonder if  a schema
with local scope namespace declarations is still a valid schema (provided
that I add, for each namespace declaration,  the corresponding  import
statement).
Example :

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
     <import namespace="http://www.w3.org/questions">
     <xsd:element name="A" type="xsd:string">
     <xsd:element name="B"  xmlns:localprefix="http://www.w3.org/questions"
type="localprefix:typeA">
<xsd:schema>

Thanks,