xml schema

From: <jschmidt@inputsw.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:14:37 -0800
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Cc: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk, murray@muzmo.com
hello,

i'll try to keep it brief.

the good news:

we have been quietly working on an easy-to-use xml schema editor.  i think
when you eventually see it you will be surprised at how easy it is to use
while still maintaining compatibility with xml-schema.  if we are
successful (and we usually are), the fears about xml schema being too
complicated may be short-lived.

question:

are you allowed to nest include/import statements?  (i think the answer
should be yes).
does the order of definitions in an xsd file matter?  for example, is the
following ok?

<simpleType name="a" base="b"/>
<simpleType name="b" base="integer"/>

(i would like the answer to be that order does not matter but expect this
isn't your intent).

thanks,

johannes
cto
jschmidt@inputsw.com
408-325-3838

ps: where is the xml schema newsgroup?  is there one?