A "unordered" compositor ?

From: David Bourget <dbourget@videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 20:18:45 -0500
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Hi all,

I might just not have well understood the current specs, but I think an
unordered compositor would be really great, I always missed this with
DTDs. That is, a compositor meaning "Any sequence of these elements,
within the limits of their minOccurs and maxOccurs attributes".

Why:
To achieve the same result as in :
<!ELEMENT (foo | bar)*>
<!-- Foo and bar can appear zero or one time each -->
WITHOUT requiring to comments.

The fact is that we often need to define contents as arbitrary long
sequences of choices in order to allow the child elements to appear in
any order. But in doing so we must always add semantics constraints.
Being able to define unordered contents would be so much useful, does
XML Schemas already support this ? If yes, please tell me!

David