include vs. import

From: Sean Draine <seandr@millisecond.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:00:09 -0800
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
I'm trying to understand the difference between including and importing a
namespace. From my reading of the spec, <include> brings all of the included
nodes directly into a single target namespace, allowing them to be
used/instanced without namespace qualifiers.  <import> allows a schema to
use foreign nodes that have a namespace different than its own. To
use/instance these foreign nodes, their namespace qualifier is required.

Is that it?

Thanks,
Sean Draine