RE: XML Schemas: Needs Marketing?

Sorry for the confusion. I intended the concept from the
view point of learning to use XML Schemas. I personally would
not like to see the parser industry design to a sub-set.
I agree that bifurcating the schema world now would be a
"bad" thing.

As I talk with those who advocating "simpler schemas", I
will have to be more careful with my words to make that
point clear.

Regards,
Dave Hollander

At 11:48 AM 2/11/00 -0800, Matthew Fuchs wrote:
>Standardizing such a thing makes me extremely nervous at this point.  The
>value of a standard is only that it is standard - xsdl hasn't even been
>finalized and we're already talking about bifurcating it. ...

Dave Hollander
Director eCommerce Knowledge Management and Interoperability
CommerceNet
Co-chair W3C XML Schema Working Group
dmh@commerce.net
970-613-0605