Any public source code for an XML Schema (12/17/99) checker out t here?

From: Peter Zingg <Pzingg@imsisoft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:03:42 -0800
To: "'xml-dev@ic.ac.uk'" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, "'www-xml-schema-comments@w3c.org'" <www-xml-schema-comments@w3c.org>
I'm trying to write a few schemas for XML with some associated example
documents, and am currently using the Microsoft (IE 5) XDR system for
validating the documents.  I'd like to move away from XDR to a more
"official" schema system.  Does anyone have any tools to check the validity
of documents against the 12/17/99 XML Schema draft?

My current requirements are slim:

I only need to associate one schema per document.  (Seems like there is
still a lot of confusion in xml-dev and the WG comments about namespaces,
schemaLocations, and the like).
I have no need to check XML Schema Datatypes (yet).
I have no need for testing the uniqueness of keys and keyrefs (yet).
I only need partial support for XML Schema Structures.  Checking for the
correct content model (textOnly|mixed|elementOnly|empty), valid attribute
and element names, minOccurs and maxOccurs would probably be enough.
I'd like the tool to work with expat (in C or Perl, for example).

I suppose if anyone has source code for XDR or other schema validating
stuff, I could modify it to suit my needs.

I'm assuming that when things settle down in March, there will be such tools
available, even with W3C's imprimatur (maybe even Microsoft will update
their parser to accept the W3C recommendation).

Thanks,
Peter Zingg
IMSI
75 Rowland Way