Re: locally scoped element decls and namespaces

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 04 Jan 2000 20:57:32 +0000
To: james anderson <James.Anderson@mecomnet.de>
Cc: XML List <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, xml-schema-comments <www-xml-schema-comments@w3c.org>
There's an implication of your approach which I think I want to
disagree with, namely that two documents each with no namespace
declarations at all ipso facto put their GIs in the SAME, default
[your word] namespace.  I don't read the namespace REC as allowing
this inference.  It says they are in no namespace, and I think we
should respect that.  There's nothing in what I wrote (or I didn't
intend there to be) which licenses the inference that by
'##noNamespace' I mean to provide a namespace URI for the universal
default namespace -- I quite specifically do NOT mean that, but rather
to shoehorn into the xsi:schemaLocation syntax a way of saying that
the schema which provides constraints for the names in this document
which are in no namespace can be found . . .