[comment] Mixed Content Model

From: nchen <nchen@webMethods.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 17:38:17 -0400
To: <w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org>
Cc: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
In the schema spec, it says "1.2.4  If the {content type} is element-only or
mixed, the sequence of the element information item's element information
item [children], if any, taken in order, is schema-valid with respect to the
{content type}'s particle, as defined in Element Sequence Valid (Particle)
(3.8)"(  http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Complex_Type_Definition_details)
.

So how do we represent <!ELEMENT P (#PCDATA|a|b|c)> in schema?! The order
and number of child elements are not constrained in XML 1.0, and therefore
many industry users have already used this model in their documents. How can
they easily migrate these documents to schema? Or should we suggest them
using DTDs for old documents but using schema when create new documents?

All the best,
Ninggang

webMethods, Inc.
Ph : 703-460-2510