HTML WG last call remark

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:17:30 +0200
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
The HTML WG has requested me to relay to you a request that XML Schemas
include a facility to define at least character entities (such as &eacute;).

While we recognise that the full entity mechanism might be a burden, HTML
markup typically contains a lot of character entities, and we would like to
be able to define them when using schemas without having to fall back to a
DTD subset.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton