Re: Datatypes questions

Paul:
Good comments!

1) We could add an optional facet to the URI datatype restricting the types
    of elements it refers to.  Paul Biron, what do you think?
2) I am for allowing both pictures and regexs because, as you say, each
    has its virtues.  I'm less keen on allowing both on a single datatype
    specification because of the complex errors it can cause and the problems
    of finding them.
3) Others have argued that we need to keep ID, IDREF, NMTOKENS etc.
    because they appear in XML 1.0.  We can certainly downplay them.

Regards, Ashok

 (Embedded
 image moved to Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
 file:          05/12/99 05:58 PM