Re: Data-model, item-at accessor, why the index typed as xs:decimal?

Oleg,

The usage of XML Schema derived types (such as integer) and the
behavior of the corresponding numeric operations is currently
under discussion. Consequently at this point item-at as well
as the other functions described in the Functions and Operators
document are defined to take only primitive XML Schema simple
typed arguments (such as decimal).

But you are certainly right about the missing rounding rules.
I will forward your request to the editors of the Functions
and Operators document.

Best regards,
Marton Nagy
XML Query WG