Re: spam in official comment lists

At 12:34 PM 1/7/2002 +0100, Max Froumentin wrote:
>CC'ing Massimo Marchiori, maintainer of www-xml-query-comments
>

>You wrote:
>
> > The www-xml-query-comments archive is full of junk which makes it hard
> > to see if anyone else is making similar comments before posting new
> > comments on the drafts.
>
>That's an easy fix for Massimo.
>
> > Actually, as I've previously commented on xsl-list, it would be best if
> > all the xquery/xpath/xslt drafts had a single, moderated, list for
> > official comments. Due to the interlinked nature of the drafts
> > having three comment lists makes it really makes it difficult to know
> > how to respond to many issues if they affect more than one draft.
>
>Find me a name for the list and I'll have it created ;-)

Any name containing the names of both languages would do, eg
www-xpath-xquery-comments@w3.org.

Since XPath and XQuery are largely the same language, I agree that it would
be good to have a single list for feedback to both specifications, but only
if it replaces the individual comments lists. If we have to monitor this
list plus a new one, I don't think we've gained anything.

XSLT is a different language, and seems to warrant its own comments list.

Jonathan