Re: [xml-dev] The use of XML syntax in XML Query

i am not following this fully -- I am stuck with the previous
question.. however, consider this example also..

schema --
Doc -> doc (a, A, b)
A -> dummy (a, A?, b)

query -- doc//(a | b)

resulting exact type -- (a^n, b^n) -- this cannot be expressed as a
regular tree grammar or XML Schema whatever.

For those following this, where do you think this fits as opposed to
element construction example mentioned in Prof. Suciu's analysis, or
previously by Prof. Vianu?? can we say that the query in the example I
gave is the outlier of the tree??

note: I have not followed these results closely, but if anyone can tell us
something, that will be good.

cheers and regards - murali.