RE: [xml-dev] The use of XML syntax in XML Query

Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> But his example is fairly simple and utilizes none of the really complex
> abilities of XML schemas. For instance, how can static
> typechecking work for
> schemas that use identity constraints like xs:unique?

The XQuery/XPath type system won't necessarily (probably won't) incorporate
all of XML Schema's features, especially those that are only appropriate for
validation (as opposed to type-checking). I believe that this is an example
of something that won't be imported into the type system.

Evan