Data-model, item-at accessor, why the index typed as xs:decimal?

From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:03:24 +0200
To: www-xml-query-comments@w3.org
Hello!

Excuse me if I missed something, just one question. In XQuery1.0
XPath2.0 Data model defined item-at accessor, which "returns the item in
the sequence at the specified index" and this index is defined as
xs:decimal. Is there a reason for the index to be decimal rather than
integer? If so, anyway, the rules of rounding must be defined also.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel