Re: FW: What's wrong with this?

You are right. Apparently some of the numbering got messed up in the
final document for the terminals in the grammar. (I just checked but all
of the non-terminal seem to be consistent with the XQuery document).
Sorry for that mistake, we will try to fix that in the next version of
the document.

Yes, you should rely on the appendix for the normalized core grammar. In
any case, this is the only place in the Formal Semantics document that
describes the core grammar completely. The 'Core grammar' subsections in
the rest of the document are not complete and are only a reminder for
the reader.

Best regards,

Jerome Simeon -
Bell Laboratories --- Lucent Technologies
600 Mountain Avenue, Murray Hill, NJ, USA
Tel: +1 908 582 5473 Fax: +1 908 582 7308