Data Model: primitive and derived SimpleTypes

From: Michael Dyck <MichaelDyck@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:18:37 -0700
To: www-xml-query-comments@w3.org
XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model
W3C Working Draft

Section 3.4 Schema Components and Values
3rd para
   xs:ID and xs:IDREF should not be given as examples of primitive
   types; they are derived (ultimately) from xs:string.

Section 5.1 Primitive Values
1st para
    "hexbinary" should have an uppercase "B".

2nd para:
    xfo:integer is not a constructor for a primitive value, because
    xs:integer is not a primitive dataype. It is derived from xs:decimal.

3rd para:
    xs:IDREF is not a primitive datatype. It is derived from xs:string.

----

I think it may be a mistake to talk of "primitive values" and "derived
values".  I believe XML Schema's primitive/derived dichotomy only applies
to datatypes, not values.

-Michael Dyck