Re: the term "QNameValue"

thank you for your note.

the term "expanded-QName" is a step in the right direction. it would be
correct for some aspects of the query algebra.

with respect to the data model itself, however, i remain by my argument
that, in the interest of a clear and consistent standard, the term
"universal name" is to be preferred.

first, "universal name" is the term used in the definitive names
standard for that domain for which you now suggest to use "expanded-QName".

second, the only appearance of the term "expanded" in the standard on
names appears in the (non-normative) discussion about how one might
model universal names in a dom-like manner. that use does not correspond
in all aspects to the suggested meaning in a query data model and, as
such, would engeder confusion.

third, the reference to the notion "QName" suggests, as your description
confirms, that the fact that xml-name standard describes a means to
serialize/deserialize universal names as qualified names is relevant to
the data model. this proposition is false.

perhaps i have misinterpreted the query data model draft, in that i
understood that the model incorporates universal names. if that
understanding is correct, then "universal name" is the term the standard
should use.

with respect to the algebra, on the other hand, i would agree with
something along the lines of

Name
ExpandedQName ::= { Exp } Exp
NameExp ::= Name | ExpandedQName