RE: XML Base PER--what is a URI

From: Hugh Wallis <xmlschema@standarddimensions.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:50:04 +0100
To: "'Richard Tobin'" <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>, <www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "'Steven Pemberton'" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, <public-forms@w3.org>, "'Paul Grosso'" <pgrosso@ptc.com>

Why would the WG not adopt the W3C's official position on what constitutes a
URI [1] ? (which references RFC 3986 [2] )

"That is the responsibility of each XML vocabulary." seems to leave open too
much room for interpretation.

At minimum I would think the specification should include a reference to the
W3C's offcial position.

Hugh

[1] http://www.w3.org/News/2005#item13

[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt