Re: XLink conformance criteria question

Norman Walsh wrote:

 > That mail seems pretty clear to me. Unless I misunderstand, the
 > combination of show/actuate that you've proposed in that message
 > isn't allowed by SVG. So the SVG semantics don't apply.

Which means what for an implementor?  It's great that everyone involved
disclaims responsibility for what the correct implementation is, but it doesn't
help implementors one bit.

In any case, we're basically no longer using the generic XLink implementation in
Gecko for svg:a, because we discovered that in practice the two are pretty
incompatible.  Which means we'll probably look into removing the generic XLink
processor, since it's useless in practice when other languages reuse XLink.

Cheers,
-Boris