Re: xml-stylesheet base resource identifier

From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@veillard.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:57:38 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:27:55AM +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> Dear XML Core Working Group,
>
>   http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629 fails to define
> what the base resource identifier for relative resource identifiers in
> the href pseudo-attribute is. The xml:base specification attempts to de-

  I think it is the containing document as defined in RFC2396 at the time

> fine this, but it applies only the specifications that normatively re-
> ference xml:base. Please issue a correction clarifying this situation.

  xml:base can't apply to REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629, the PI is only
to be used if it appears before the root element, so no defines from xml:base
could ever affect it since it has by definition to be caried by an element
and only affect the subtree underneath.

  "The xml-stylesheet processing instruction is allowed only in the prolog
   of an XML document."

  I don't see how this can be confusing there is clearly disconnected set of
operation there.

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/