RE: XLink 1.1: 5.4 "URI reference" unclear

Bjoern, Webb, Julian,

The XML Core WG now plans to replace the wording (LC WD):

  If the URI reference is relative, its absolute version
  must be computed by the method of [XML Base] before use.

which is currently in the lastest editor's draft as:

  If the value of the href attribute is a relative URI, or
  results in a relative URI after escaping, its absolute
  version must be computed by the method of [XML Base] before use.

with:

  If the value of the href attribute is a relative reference
  (as defined in [RFC 3986], also known as "relative URI" in
  earlier RFCs), or results in a relative reference after
  escaping, its absolute version must be computed by the
  method of [XML Base] before use.

If we don't hear to the contrary before February 15,
we will assume this change adequately addresses
your concerns with respect to this comment.

paul