Re: XLink 1.1: "markup conformance testing"

* Norman Walsh wrote:
>/ Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> was heard to say:

>|>|

>|>I see your point. Would the following rewording of point 3 of Section
>|>3.3 make things clearer?
>|>
>|>  3. it applies XLink semantics only to those elments which satisfy
>|>     the markup conformance criteria outlined in [3.2 Markup Confromance].
>|
>| How is the XML Core Working Group going to test this?
>
>The only way we can, by looking for at least two implementations that
>do the right thing with respect to this constraint.

To be more precise, how is the XML Core Working Group going to test this
without making non-compliant test markup and observing the behavior of
the implementations? I assume doing that makes no sense to you since you
don't http://www.w3.org/mid/87d5iykc2g.fsf@nwalsh.com define behavior in
case of non-compliant markup.