Re: XLink 1.1: Open issues?

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:32:18 -0400
To: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>

Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM (Norman Walsh) writes:
>|   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xlink11-20050707/ has been published
as
>| Last Call Working Draft but I could not find responses that formally
>| address comments on the previous drafts, e.g.
>
>Working groups are not obligated to respond formally to comments made
>on every working draft. The WG discussed these comments and decided to
>proceed to Last Call with the current draft.

I'm afraid that's common practice with this long-dysfunctional working
group.   While I was impressed with Bjoern's queries, I can't say I
expected to see them answered in the draft.

Perhaps this working group would do better to shut down rather than
continue pushing forward in arena where they've had little positive
impact.

Simon St.Laurent
http://simonstl.com/