RE: XPointer scheme spec dead in water?

I think the W3C need to hear stronger demand from its member
organizations before chartering a new working group to look
at things like the xpointer() scheme in particular, and XML
linking in general. Neither Simon's work, nor the xpointer()
scheme, are likely to be "endorsed" by the W3C unless there
is a working group chartered to work in that area.

Best regards,
Ron Daniel