Re: Last call announcement for XPointer

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@taxonomystrategies.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:14:40 -0700
To: <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: <www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org>, <w3c-xml-linking-wg@w3.org>

Thank you for your comments on the XPointer Framework Last Call draft,
which are archived at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2002JulSep/
0013.html

The XML Linking Working Group has collected all the comments
on the documents and decided what changes to make to the draft.
The dispositions of your comments are given below. Please reply
to www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org within one week if you wish
to make a formal objection to these decisions.

> Is the "barename" word being dropped in favor of
> "Shorthand Pointer"? It's mentioned in the status,
> but once that changes, it'll be hard to figure out
> what's become of barenames.

Yes, 'barename' is history.

> In 3.3 and 3.4, it might be useful to see an example
> of those scheme's in operation. (There's no reference
> to those specs from the Framework even.) I like the
> modularity, but somewhere, it'd still be nice to see
> an example of the different pieces.

Yes, examples have been added.

Best regards,

Ron Daniel Jr.