Re: W3C Plans for XLink?

AndrewWatt2000@aol.com writes:

> I was wondering if there is any publicly available information on the future
> of XLink at W3C.
>
> For technologies like XSLT almost before XSLT 1.0 was complete there were
> indications of where XSLT 1.1 or XSLT 2.0 might go.
>
> For XLink, although a Recommendation has been in place for six months or so
> the W3C site (at least the publicly accessible parts I have looked at) is
> pretty much silent on future work on XLink.
>
> I appreciate that the controversy over what should or should not be included
> in XPointer may have consumed significant amounts of time.
>
> Is there a publicly available timeline for the future work of the
> XML Linking WG?

Apologies for not replying sooner.  The XML Linking WG is indeed busy
addressing the comments on XPointer received during the Candidate
Recommendation review period.

The future of the XML Linking WG is bound up with that of the XML
activity as a whole, whose charter within the W3C is due for renewal.
I expect a public statement on this Real Soon Now.

ht