Re: [xml-dev] Re: "There are six XLink elements" - True or False? Discuss

"XLink linking element" is formally defined, "XLink element" is
informally defined. From section 2.1:

   [Definition: It is made explicit by an XLink linking element,
   which is an XLink-conforming XML element that asserts the
   existence of a link.] There are six XLink elements; only two
   of them are considered linking elements. The others provide
   various pieces of information that describe the characteristics
   of a link.

I also don't think this is confusing. I sat down to really read the spec
for the first time the other day and had no problems with this.

-- Ron