Extracting a part of a external XML document and inserting it into querying document.

From: Robert Nyberg <robert.nyberg@o2media.se>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:14:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org>
Hi!

This is probably pretty basic. But I'm learning!

I need some way to insert a part of a document into another.

The source document has several ID tagged elements and I need a way to
extract a element and insert it with it's child elements into another
document. Thus raplacing the element that carries the link/pointer.

I haven't read all the recommendations but I guess I'm supposed to use
Xpointer or Xlink. Can anyone help me or do I have to read all those
documents.

(yes i will read the some day but I involved in a project with a tight
timeframe.)

Kind Regards

Robert Nyberg

 <mailto:robert.nyberg@o2media.se> robert.nyberg@o2media.se