XPointer WD 20010108 - location-set "error"?

From: <AndrewWatt2000@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:00:19 EST
To: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
It seems to me that there is an error in the 8th January 2001 XPointer WD.

It states as a definition of "location-set":
"An ordered list of locations, such as produced by an XPointer expression.
This corresponds to the node-set that is produced by XPath expressions,
except for the generalization to include points and ranges."

However the November 1999 XPath Recommendation defines a node-set as:
"an unordered collection of nodes without duplicates"

Thus there appears, contrary to the XPointer WD, to be a further distinction
between an XPointer location-set and an XPath node-set in that the
location-set is _ordered_ while an XPath node-set is _UNordered_.

The alternative interpretation is that if an XPointer location-set is a
generalisation of an XPath node-set to include points and ranges then it too
is unordered. I couldn't readily find clarification in the XPointer WD.

Andrew Watt