Re: xlink:href on simple element in DTD

From: Eve L. Maler <eve.maler@east.sun.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:18:01 -0500
To: "Jason Diamond" <jason@injektilo.org>
Cc: <www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org>
Sigh.  This is why I shied away from putting a DTD in there for so
long.  An argument could be made either way in this case, since there is
normative prose in the spec about this (suggesting #IMPLIED is correct),
but it describes what XLink applications *won't* do when href isn't there
(suggesting #REQUIRED is correct).  I think I should probably keep it
#REQUIRED and add some explanation.

BTW, I expect that a proposal on XLink infoset contributions will be made
public soon, which should help a lot...

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com