Re: title element in resource element

At 03:50 PM 12/29/00 +0700, James Clark wrote:
>A comment in the DTD says:
>
>   <!-- The title element has meaning in resource -->
>
>but this doesn't correspond to what the DTD says, nor to 4.2, 5.1.1 or
>5.1.4.
>
>What the comment says seems like it ought to be the case.

This is a great catch.  At one point, resource-type elements didn't have
title information because it was assumed that the resource contents
themselves were the most appropriate title information.  I think the spec
got caught between two states.  I'm not sure exactly which way we'll
resolve it, but I suspect we'll allow title elements.

         Eve
--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com