Re: XLink - Minor Erratum, Major Congratulations

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:46:00PM +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
> Erratum:-
>
> The "This Version" link on the recommendation reads:-
>
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xlink-20010627/
>
> i.e. a "2000" address, but links to (the correct location):-

   Dohhh !
Well let's call this an easter eggs, the link is still good, and
W3C usually don't change resources published in TR, next update :-\

>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xlink-20010627/
>
> Congratulations:-
>
> It's always wonderful to see a technology that is so fundamentally
> useful go to recommendation; well done. Now it's time for (more)
> implementations, so that no longer do we have to put up with
> proprietary linking technologies!

 thanks, yes more implementations are probably what will decide the
adoption rate (chicken and egg...), especially for advanced forms of
linking. Simple links are really easy to add on existing framework
(Mozilla/Amaya implements them already I think).

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com