Re: XPointer subset minority opinion

At 11:08 AM 5/5/01 -0400, Steven J. DeRose wrote:
>I have no doubt that an informed analysis of the proposal will reject it,
>as you can conclude happened in the WG (from the fact the paper calls
>itself a "minority" opinion, and from the small number of signers to it).

The working group's "informed analyses" haven't proven especially
convincing in the past, nor has it been clear in the past that the members
of the working group share many values with us 'folk in the field'.

Most of those discussions took place a long time ago, and I don't even know
if the WG has had much continuous membership since then, but the XLink WG
doesn't have an especially sterling record, at least from this observer's
perspective.  (Yes, I have noticed the much-improved public reply to comments.)

I'd like the opportunity to make up my own mind, without expectation that
the WG's learned majority can do my thinking for me.

Thanks,

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly & Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML